Friday, July 3, 2009

We're Not Gonna Get Malaria...ha!

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000168 EndHTML:0000002200 StartFragment:0000000489 EndFragment:0000002183

So, it has been a week since I have blogged. I have been in bed the past 3 days with malaria. Most of you already know this! Tuesday I woke up feeling really sick... fever, vomiting, headache, chills, sweats, nausea, diarrhea... basically everything in one. I just dealt with it pretty much all day Tuesday until about 5. I then decided I should go to a clinic so I did. They drew blood and found malaria. Tuesday night I was up all night throwing up. Wednesday I was feeling better. I held down breakfast, but not lunch or dinner. Yesterday I held down everything I ate, which is a good sign. It has been a rough few days. I still have nausea, but everything else is good! Malaria is very common here, so it is nothing to worry too much about. It is only deathly if not treated. There's a funny story about all this though. Tiffany was watching something on her computer last night and laughing really hard. I asked her what she was watching. We have been making videos since we got here and she was watching the first video we made at the orphanage. We were under our mosquito nets and she said “I feel pretty chlostrophobic”. I started chanting, “It's ok, cuz we're not gonna get malaria”... ha... and look who has malaria. It makes me laugh- the irony in it all.

But this past weekend was really good at the orphanage. Saturday we made banners with the kid's handprints on them along with Ms. Agnes, Grace, and Stella. They turned out super cute. On Sunday we went to church at the orphanage. It was awesome. The kdis have their own little praise team and choir. It was too cute!  

No comments:

Post a Comment