Saturday, July 4, 2009

Rough Day...

Today has been an extremely rough, emotional day! I was feeling much better today. So Tiffany and I decided to go into town. Well after being in town about 15 minutes, I threw up again. So we came back to the hotel. I had an emotional breakdown. For about 2 hours, I just cried. I am just really discouraged by all this. I don't see purpose in it. I didn't come to Uganda to sit in a hotel room. I feel like an inconvenience to every one around me. I want to be with the kids at the orphanage or out doing ministry- not sitting in a hotel room. I am homesick. I guess just sitting in the same room for 5 days makes you more emotional than normal. Then, I talked to my parents. My mom tells me that they stopped a bible study to pray for me. Then, Ms. Agnes was here. She tells me that there are about 6 people (Grace, Stella, and some of the kids) at the orphanage who have been fasting and praying for me today! Then she prays over me for healing! It's just been an emotional roller coaster today!!! I know God has purpose in all this, but I just don't see it right now!

1 comment:

  1. God will be glorified THROUGH it! At the end of summer, you leave to come home. There are all those workers and kids there who live with the reality of malaria every month of the year. Maybe they need to see your willingness to be a vessel and your attitude about God using your malaia for His gloy as an example and encouragement the next time they get malaria again. You may never know why this was allowed to happen, but just as sure as you know it was God's will for you to be there this summer.. somehow this was fltered through God's hands and it was okay. USE IT FOR HIS GLORY! Your work there isn't done. As much as we'd ALL love to selfish and have you back home, you have work to do - even through your illness.

    You are very loved... very!

    ReplyDelete