Friday, June 26, 2009

Almost a month here...

We will not be at the hotel this weekend. We are not going on the safari either! We are staying at the orphanage so we can go to church there on Sunday! But the rest of this week has been good! Thursday we just stayed at the orphanage. It was a nice day to journal, read, and spend time with the kids! One of the girls got a package. It was so awesome! It was her birthday package from a couple in the states. Babra did not even know it was her birthday. I can't fathom that! But she was so thankful. It was awesome to see! She prayed, thanking God for it before she even opened it. I have never seen a little girl so excited to get crayons, paper, a doll, and 2 shirts! She was truly thankful. She could not stop smiling! It was beautiful!
I am sitting here, in disbelief that it has already been one month here almost! I can not imagine leaving these kids. It is going to be so hard! I have gotten so attached to them. Maybe I will finish college and move back next year... we'll see where God takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment